Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday, Monday

Even though the alarm clock was set, we overslept. I'm not sure if I turned it off or just didn't hear it go off. Needless to say, we woke up at 636a and had to be at PT at 7a and because the short-cut roads are closed, it takes over 30 minutes to get there. We rushed around, woke Keree from a deep sleep, threw on clothes and was out the door in 4 minutes. I will admit, I did speed trying to make it there on time and actually, we only ended up being 7 minutes late. Luckily our PT was having a rough morning also, so she took things a little easy. Especially when Keree exclaimed that she was "grumpy this morning". After PT was over, we headed to the Doctor's office to have Keree's TB test read. Well even though they were open, they decided we had to come back for it to be read.....long, ugly story. So I had to run to downtown ESL to drop off some paperwork for Keree's insurance. What is bad, there is about 20 different offices in the 1 office. I about died when I walked in and the line wrapped around the room at least 3 times leading to the windows. Then there was about 200 people sitting in chairs waiting to be called back. Luckily, one of the workers came out and started asking people what they were there for. Since I was just dropping off documents, I got to take a seat and within 10 minutes, I was finished and out of there. Luckily, I shouldn't have to do down there again anytime soon. Once we were done, we then headed back to the Doctor's office to have Keree's TB test read and have her blood drawn. It took them over 40 minutes before they came out to read the test (it took less than 30 seconds to look at her arm). They then took us back to a room, so we would have a better hold on Keree for the blood draw. She started to totally freak when she saw the needle because she didn't want a shot. When we told her they were drawing blood, she calmed down some. She had to watch the entire process of them taking blood and of course her vein blew shortly after they stuck her but they got enough blood before that happened. She honestly wasn't that upset, it was when they were going to stick a band-aid on her that she totally freaked out with blood curdling screams. Keree was so exhausted but luckily she stayed awake until we got home. As soon as we got home, she laid down and tried to take a nap. She was so overly, tired that she just didn't want to close her eyes. Instead, I ended up getting super tired and fell asleep before her.

This evening then was her Pre-School's open house. She is going more for socialization than anything. I'm honestly not that happy with the Teacher's she will have. Her main teacher is staying the same, which this is the same teacher who thought Keree was a bully at the end of last year. Which all the other parents couldn't believe she said something like that to me because Keree is so far from being a bully. Keree is usually considered the most friendly, nice child there is. Needless to say, I have very much thought about pulling her out since Keree is also doing homeschool. So we will see how things go and if I don't think it's a good situation this year in her classroom, then I'll make the decision at that time. But right now, I'm trying to keep an open mind. So when we arrived, the first thing we did was find Keree's cubby. Inside was some paperwork and also a Scavenger Hunt. Since they are in a new room, it was nice to explore the classroom for a short time. The Main Teacher tried to talk to Keree but she sort of shut down, which is so unlike her in any other situation now days. When someone asks her a question, she will tell them all kinds of stuff. Instead Keree said nothing, she looked at her with a blank stare. She did talk to one of the assistant teacher's, Ms. A but it was a sort of short one sentence line. I asked Keree later why she wouldn't talk to her Teacher's and she didn't have an answer. So we will see, she starts school on Thursday and praying it will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment