Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lessons 37 & 38

This morning was the start of the new school time start. I still have no clue why they picked a Thursday to change the start time and not the beginning of a week. Honestly, I wouldn't have thought that a 15 minute time difference would make it so much harder getting out the door on time. As we walked into school (only 2 minutes late), Keree fell 4 different times. Luckily since she holds my hand and I'm use to her falling, I am able to have a split second response to grab her arm hard enough that she doesn't hit the ground. So when I left, I told my Favorite Assistant Teacher that Keree was a little tipsy on her feet today. I have to say that I honestly feel like we won some sort of battle, it's only Day 7 of school and this is the first time I had to tell them this. When I came to pick Keree up, the summary on the board said that they talked about the special surprise snack they were making the other Assistant Teacher for her Birthday tomorrow, read another book about School and the 1st day and wrote their name using their name plaques. Now the funniest thing was, when the Main Teacher opened the door, she goes you'll be so surprised what Keree wrote on her paper. She goes she wrote it all by herself. The Main Teacher continued, "I walked by and looked at her paper and saw that she wrote Mickey Mause and Mine Mause. I asked Keree how did she know how to write that" and that's when Keree piped in "I don't know, I just know." What cracked me up, was the Main Teacher was so proud of herself, like she was the one who taught her how to sound out and write words. I didn't want to burst her bubble, so I didn't tell her we've been homeschooling.

When we got home, Keree didn't feel like lunch, I got her to eat a little bit of chicken and that's it. She ended up wanting to take a nap almost immediately and I'm think it's because her allergies/sinuses are doing a number on her. I asked Keree if she wanted to do school now or after nap and she totally perked up. We learned the long a sound today, which it took Keree a little time to remember the differences but once she got it, she got it. I feeling sort of like a failure because it doesn't look like we will reach Lesson 50 by September 1st. We should be close but knowing this weekend we will be at a show and were hoping it's super busy, I'm not sure we will have time at all for Lessons. After Keree took her nap, she went outside and played, while I worked on packing the van for our show. We ended up being outside until almost 830p tonight, I hadn't even realized how late it was, other than I knew the sun was setting. When we got in, Keree jumped in the shower, when she got out, we located all her mosquito bites from this evening. Keree spent the rest of the evening watching NFL football trying to see if she could see the cheerleaders on the sidelines. As for me, I feel like I'm running around like a chicken without a head, which isn't unusual the night before set-up for a show. Then compound that also the meeting at the Orthopedic Clinic, Cheerleading practice and all the time we are going to spend on the road tomorrow, it's a little crazy. So, going to wrap this up and finish the few more things I have to before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment