Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sandstorm Baseball

Keree got up super early this morning because she couldn't wait to go and play ball. Since it stormed all night, we weren't sure if there would be a game or not. When we got there, no one was there, so we called the rainout number. The game is still on, finally 5 minutes before game time, people started to slowly trickle in. They practiced and warmed-up by first catching pop flys and then onto batting. I made the decision after last game that Keree needed to bat right, even though she's a lefty. The reason why is you get alot of your batting power from the front leg. Thus when she batted left, her right leg was leading (in front) and because of it's weakness, she could hardly hit. Just by making this simple change, when she would hit her balls easily sailed past the pitchers mound. The Coaches were amazed at this sudden progress....I didn't tell them it was just the simple adjustment from Left to Right because I didn't want to crush their thought that they had something to do with it. Finally it was time to play, the team we were suppose to play didn't show up, so we played the Green Monster instead. Keree got up to bat twice and both times hit the ball almost to the gap between shortstop and 2nd base. Of course since this is a no one gets out league, she made it to base both times. If it was a real game, she would have been out once and safe the other time. While playing 3rd, Keree almost caught a pop fly....she would have caught it, if the shortstop hadn't ran into her while she was catching it. Otherwise she played 2nd base the rest of the time. It was such a good game, I'm only disappointed because everytime Keree was up to bat, I took the picture to quickly and missed her contact with the ball. After ball, we hurried to make the practice for the Festival Pageant tomorrow, we were only 10 minutes late and they were already finished and gone. We did talk to one of the other Families and they were nice enough to tell us the format for tomorrow. We ran a few more errands before heading home. Since my Mom wasn't feeling well, Keree and her laid down for a nap. I ended up working on Keree's bows for tomorrow and then finished up a few of the piles of bows I have made and just not finished. Once Keree woke up from her nap, we spent the evening practicing for the pageant tomorrow just so she would feel comfortable with all of it. I have no idea what she's going to say tomorrow but at least she will have fun!

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest baseball player ever!!!!