Sunday, July 25, 2010

HOT

Today was day 12 of this wonderful extreme heat. I swear it fills longer than that but in reality anything under 110 hasn't been considered extreme heat, so the past 12 days have been 111+ temperature. I can literally say we didn't really do anything today. My Mom and I got hooked on the Love Saga marathon, which is a total of 8 movies following the same pioneer family through the years. Keree played most of the time, but she even got hooked in a few times to the story. Especially when they were discussing the orphan train and draughts. We did head outside for about 10 minutes just to take a few pictures but we couldn't stand to be out there longer than that. Keree kept complaining that it was too hard to breathe and I have to agree with her that the air just felt so thick. For dinner tonight, Keree made it all by herself. I wish my camera battery hadn't died because she did such a great job. The only thing she didn't do by herself was peel and slice the zucchini lengthwise and use the can opener to open the tomatoes. She tore the bread into pieces, cooked the sausage (with supervision), measured the cheese and then mixed the mixture together. She spooned out the seeds of the zucchini and then added the mixture to the zucchini. I had to place them in the oven because her arms are too short. But when they came out of the oven, man, it tasted so good. My Mom even loved it and I wouldn't call her picky but she's set in her food ways. Keree was so excited about how good her food was that she had to call her Great-Grandparents and tell them all about it. It was so adorable to hear her describe how she made it over the phone and then tell them that she will cook for them when they come visit. We are headed to bed early because we are just so exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment