Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday

With these constant swings in weather, we all wake up feeling miserable. Keree woke up begging not to go to school. But of course being the mean Mom I am, she got dressed, forced her to eat something and then we headed off to school. Of course, once we got there, she totally forgot she didn't want to go. Now the funny thing was, as we were walking in, one of the girls in her class Father stops me, super excited saying he met my husband last night in the subdivision. I started out right laughing and I told him, "nope it's not me, I live in the country surrounded by corn fields." Honestly, I didn't want to get into I'm a single Mom. He then goes, I swear it was you, he said his daughter's name was Keree and she's Asian. I just told him, nope it's not me. It honestly had me a little perplexed too because there's only 4 Asian students in the whole school and Keree is the only one without a Asian sounding first name, so it's not like she could be mixed up with another Asian student. While Keree was in school, I headed home and worked. I had an order to get in the mail and write a few emails. When I came to pick Keree up, the summary said that they wrote and drew in their journals, learned a new song about an apple seed and read a book on apples. After we picked Keree up, we ended up running a few errands before heading home. Keree ended up missing her nap and because of that we didn't do our lesson either. Our evening was spent working on work, Keree drew pictures and was grouchy because she missed her nap. Since she missed her nap, she ended up going to bed early and that's where I'm headed after I take a look at my shopping list for last minute stuff for tomorrow. Keree is so excited for Tet Trung Thu, which is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment