Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

This morning, we all slept in. Ok, it was only 7am but that's sleeping in, in my world. After breakfast and getting dressed. Keree and Uncle spent as much time together as possible before he had to head home. Luckily, we will be at his house starting Thursday, so it wasn't very hard when they had to say good-bye to each other. Actually, Keree was more concerned why her bottle of Juice was in Uncle's car. It was actually quite amusing listening to her ask 100 questions about what his intentions were going to be with her juice. I spent the day working on hair accessories. At last count, I have about 350 bows to get done by Wednesday. There's only two problems, I have limited time to work on them tomorrow & wednesday. That's thanks to school, pt and the extended cheerleading practice and I'm also going to run out of clips and there are none to be found in a 40 mile radius of my house. Keree spent her day playing and drawing near me or playing upstairs where my Mom was sewing. Later this evening, while Keree was playing, she suddenly looked up and she goes "hey, you still have the same backpack and yellow shirt in that picture but I'm no longer a baby." She was looking at a picture of us while we were in Vietnam. I started laughing, because she's right. I'm actually surprised that I still wear quite a few of the shirts I wore 4 years ago (I have one on right now). I told her she was right. She then goes "why is everyone proud of me?" So I asked her what she meant, she goes "why is everyone proud of me that I've grown up?" Not sure exactly what she meant so I said "I've always been proud of you, even before I knew you." She then says "That's because I grew in someone else's tummy but your my Momma because you adopted me. That's why your proud of me." I told her, she's right that "no matter what, I will always be proud of you and love you." She then came running over and gave me a hug. This is the first time since we read the book about Adoption that she has talked about it. So it made me feel good that she's processed it enough that she's willing to talk about it and that she understood. Well I've spent too much time on here, so back to work and sometime tonight, I guess I'll get some sleep. Oh and thanks to this holiday, I also forgot that today was Muffin Tin Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment