Monday, June 14, 2010

Lack Luster Monday

Gasp, it's been two days since I've taken a picture of Keree. I'm actually feeling really bad about it and thinking about sneaking into her room just so I have one picture from today. I thought Saturday's weather was horribly hot, but Sunday and Today's were 100 times worse. Nothing like 100+ weather, no air conditioning and the fans are just blowing hot air on you. Needless to say, we've all been super crabby around here because of the heat. It's been so hot, that I haven't been able to work on making anything because I'm sweating so much. So finally around 6pm tonight, I installed the single window unit we have, into the only window on this freakin' house that is a normal up/down window. So I'm sitting here right now enjoying the joys of an air conditioner but in the same thought cringing at it's power usage. Guess this months bill will be more than $40 :(
I called my Step-Mom this evening, actually Keree had been wanting to call her all weekend. She seemed a little short with me but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to grief and the fact she spoke with my Aunt over the weekend. I know she has no clue, actually no one knows, how much contact I had with my Dad over the course of their marriage of almost 15 years. He always treated our visits as secret and always telling me that Step-Mom wasn't suppose to know or she would get mad that I was there. Why did he do that, because honestly that is how my Dad always was. He always told me not to trust anyone, especially anyone related to him. My Dad and I had always talked about how when my Grandpa passed away that all heck would break loose and that's exactly what happened . But I wonder now if my Dad had every thought what would happen when he died? Did he also think that all heck would break loose? Or did he think that maybe for a short moment like at my Grandpa's funeral that it would reunite the family? Otherwise the only thing else we did today, was this morning Keree and my Mom had PT this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment