Tuesday, June 22, 2010

4 years, VBS & Lesson 16

Even though we were up in plenty of time, I got hung up doing a few projects around the house and we were 10 minutes late to VBS. Not that it mattered because I think half the class was just as late. This morning, I overhead them say that there is 1729 children in VBS this week. That number just totally blew my mind. After dropping Keree off, I headed home because I had some important phone calls to make and take care of. Once I was finished, I asked my Mom if she wanted to ride along to pick Keree up and run to Wallymart. We got to VBS about an hour early, so that way I got to watch some of the activities they were doing. My plan was also to be able to sneak a few pictures. We arrived right after they were being told a bible story and then they made stick horses from a wooden dowel rod, cotton candy (that's what Keree called the stuffing) and a white sock. I then got to watch the video they showed about Buvuma. This time the video tried to teach them a few Buvuma words. Of course again they talked about the conditions of Buvuma and of course Keree focused in on they drink potty water that is really dirty. But I have to say seeing her sit next to another little boy, both of them with their arms linked together, both having their hands in prayer and heads bowed praying for the people of Buvuma. It was oh, so precious and I guess this little boy has taken a real liking to Keree because as I watched that is who she played with and sat by.
After we picked Keree up, we headed to Wallymart, of course it was a total bust other than sending the money gram I needed to send. When we got home, it was past 1pm. So after a quick lunch, I sat with Keree on the bed hoping she would fall asleep. Before I knew it, I was asleep, I think I was asleep for about 1 1/2 hrs. Luckily Keree was still asleep when I woke up. Once we got up, my Mom decided that I needed a new top for my Uncle's wedding on Friday. UGH! Seriously, she's right, she knows my wardrobe and I did need something nicer or at least not stained. But I absolutely hate clothes shopping for myself. I hate having to try on shirts, I hate picking out what I'm going to try on and so on and so on. So I picked out 4 shirts, vowed to my Mom that this was all I would try on and if none of them worked, I would find something in my current wardrobe. Luckily the last shirt I tried on was perfect and I actually liked it. Once we got home, we spent almost the whole evening outside. Keree had fun playing on her swing set. This morning we ended up changing up the swings on it, so she was excited that she has a bucket swing on it now. I swear she flipped herself around in so many positions it was plain crazy. By the time we headed inside, it was after 830p. We immediately sat down for school. I practiced most of last night and today on compound sounds, so that way I could properly teach Keree the sounds. Luckily, the lesson went super easily, probably because she heard me practicing all day. We were going to start Lesson 17 and got half way through it before Keree declared she was all done.
Now on to 4 years. I spent most of the day debating if I was going to write anything about today's anniversary. But then decided I needed to document today even if I decide not to continue. So 4 years ago today, in the midst of the Hell that was Keree's adoption, my paperwork was Logged in, in China. For 4 years, my paperwork has sat on some shelf collecting dust and as those years have passed, so has everyday life. So much has changed, yet I still dream about my Daughter. But after 4 years, I'm not sure she's in China anymore. I know Keree will someday have a Sister but I don't know when, I don't know where from and I don't know how I will add her to my family. She could quite possibly be from China (honestly I pray she is) and that is why I leave my paperwork still Logged In, instead of withdrawing. But honestly if my referral came in the next 6 months, I don't think I would have the funds to finish my adoption from China. Keree's medical bills wiped out any and all of my adoption savings and even though business is going well, it's not to the point I have extra money to save yet. I was disillusioned to think that if my Dad had left me money in his will, I was going to be able to use it to complete the adoption. Well we all know I found out last week that was not happening. So instead I sit here, dreaming of my Daughter who is yet to be and praying for a financial miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment