Monday, June 28, 2010

Everyone's Heading Home

I forgot to put an entry in for Sunday, so this is a Sunday/Monday entry. On Sunday, my Grandparents stopped by, so I could download her pictures from the wedding. We also said our good-byes because they were heading home. While they were still here, my Southern Uncle came by. He was spending the night with us, so we could work through some computer stuff on his laptop. We split our afternoon and evening between working on the computer and talking/telling stories. I fixed crock-pot chicken for dinner along with some stuffing and corn. My Southern Uncle of course made fun of my crock-pot chicken, his comment was that he bet it snapped him in the face. So basically he thought my chicken was going to be rubber with no flavor. Well he had to eat his words, he truly was surprised at how tender and how flavorful it was. We lost total track of time, so Keree ended up falling asleep on the couch because we were still working on the computer. I think it was almost 1am, before we finally headed to bed.

Then on Monday, I was so thankful that Keree actually slept in for once! Sleeping till 8am never felt so good. When we got up we fixed biscuits and gravy for breakfast and enjoyed getting to visit some more. We then helped him pack up and gave him his belated christmas and birthday presents. Which my Mom and I had to laugh because we had forgotten what was inside of them. We ended up getting to talking again and he didn't get on the road till almost lunch time. I have to say we were all really sad to see Southern Uncle go and Keree who will only kiss certain people (me, mom and uncle) gave him a great big smooch. Once he left, we headed inside and ate a small lunch. Keree was begging to go and take a nap but didn't want to lay down alone. So I went in there with her and before I knew it, Keree was waking me up almost 3 hours later. When I woke up, I was feeling awful (sinus infection), luckily Keree decided she was ok to play by herself while I laid on the couch. Late in the evening, I started feeling a little better. So I started helping my Mom on a christmas present project and Keree ended up falling asleep on the couch for the second night in a row. Oh, I was also super excited when I was outside this morning and discovered tiny green peppers and tiny tomatoes on my plants, can't wait till there big enough to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment