Saturday, June 5, 2010

Garage Sale Saturday & Lesson 8 & 9

This morning we got up before 2am, we actually had planned on being at a craft show. We drove the almost 2 hrs there, in rain, where we then found the two people on each side of us were in our space. Once we talked with the organizers, they said oh well, we will just move you. The new spot was away from the craft area, past the food, no where near the park where the main events was and to top it all off, they were placing us in a storm drain. There was so much water and crud going into the storm drain, it was crazy for them to even suggest we move there. Needless to say 2 hrs later and an hour before the event opened, we were on our way home, furious, wet and miserable. Once we got home, we all crawled back into bed for a short time to rest because we were all so exhausted. When we woke up, we decided to head to a Church rummage sale. When we got there, we couldn't believe how much stuff was left and then we looked at their prices, GASP! Luckily we were only there 15 minutes when they declared it was Fill a Bag time. WhooHoo! Needless to say we walked out of there with 5 packed to the brim paper bags. When all was said and done, I paid about 8 cents a piece for everything we got. I found the most amazing Laura Ashley dress, Hanna Andersson Snowsuit, tons of Gymboree, shoes/slippers and 2 Cards jersey for Brother. I also got quite a few jean jackets, overalls, onesie/shirts to use in the Shop. I also found a 80 piece wooden train set and an Etch-a-Sketch for Keree, along with a huge variety of other small toys, a brand new Murder Mystery game (gift for my Uncle's Family), some children dinner plates and a whole bunch of porcelain dominoes. Now the big highlight of all these finds were a 1985 WS Cards stein (worth $50-$60) and a 1983 Colonial Cards Batting Helmet (worth $10-$15), both awesome finds for my Brother. Once we got home, I checked all the pockets and put the clothes in the Sanitary cycle of the wash machine. Keree fell asleep on the ride home, so she was wide awake when we got home. So we decided to work on school. We reviewed Lesson 8 and finished Lesson 9, it went really well until we got to the sounding out the words. Keree wants to try guessing the word after sounding out the first letter. Like the word is mat and she says "mmm" and goes I think the word is "meat". Needless to say we repeated the exercise several times. I'm thinking if we repeat if enough, she will catch onto it just like the rhyming section she had trouble with. We did head outside for a short time in the afternoon, Keree scrubbed her water toys while Mom and I worked on trying tye dye some tutu's. They few we got done, turned out ok but we were fighting the winds so that added to our frustration. By the time we got done, we were all exhausted, so we headed to bed a little after 8:30 pm.

The first time wearing one of the pony-o's I make, I really love them in her hair

No comments:

Post a Comment