Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day

This morning, we woke up to 13.5" of snow on the ground and it was still snowing. When I woke up, I sat there and watched tv to see if Keree's preschool and homeschool coop was canceled or not. I already had made the decision to keep Keree home because I knew our roads weren't going to be clear but it was nice to know she wasn't missing anything. It took us awhile to get bundled up to head outside but once we did, it was beautiful outside. Even though I hate shoveling snow, we got a nice path cleared off. Keree in the meantime was mesmorized with all the snow. She either ate it or threw it up into the air. She tried to make a snow angel but the snow was still falling, so she refused to open up her eyes while she made it. So all my pictures ofin snow and ice, I do appreciate how gorgeous it makes our world look. As for Keree, she had a hard time walking through the deep snow. I can't even count how many times she fell face first into the snow. She spent the majority of her time her
making it, look like she's laying in the snow dead. While she continued to play, I ventured around our property trying to see what kind of pictures I could capture. I have to say I didn't venture as far as I wanted too because I was unsure of my footing when I got towards the creek, all I could imagine was one mis-step and getting hurt. So I headed back and enjoyed playing. We finally headed inside when Keree's hands were getting cold. While inside, Keree curled up by the heater
and we continued watching the snow fall, we ended up getting an
additional 2". We spent the rest of our morning dealing with some business and Keree spent her morning drawing pictures and writing stories to go along with them. By the time it was lunch, the snow had slowed to almost nothing. We ate a light lunch before laying
down for a nap. I still have this cough and honestly it's taking everything out of me. So getting some extra sleep and relief for a short time makes me a little more bearable. This evening, we finally ran our Christmas gift over to our new neighbors. They were gone over Christmas and New Years, so we just hadn't caught up with them till now. Of course after we came home and since we weren't heading out anywhere in the van, we had enough fresh snow, to make up a big batch of snow ice cream. Keree was finally old enough to help make it and she was amazed that such a wonderful thing could be made with snow. We curled up in front of the heater with our bowls of snow ice cream and hunkered down for the rest of the night

No comments:

Post a Comment