Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Squad

We slept in a little this morning, well if you can call 745a, sleeping in. We took our time getting going and before we knew it, it was time to head to Cheer practice. We had never been to this school before, so I looked up the directions ahead of time. Well, what the Coach failed to tell me is that there are 2 schools with the same name on the same road. How screwed up is that? After some drama, we finally got there. I have to say, I was a little disappointed because she was suppose to be on a Kindergarten team, instead her team is mixed with K-2nd graders. The practice went well, the spent the majority of the time learning each other names, they then learned a few simple moves (which Keree already knew) and then they learned one very simple cheer. Honestly, they could have learned quite a few of them but I guess the Coach wanted to take it slow. At the end of practice, they handed out there box, which was filled with their uniform, pompoms, etc. At the last minute, I decided to check Keree's box. They gave her the correctly sized top but not the right size skirt. I couldn't believe it because there's no way she can wear the YS that they gave her. The skirt goes down to her ankles. So, the Coach took the skirt and said she was going to get us the YXS she needs. We also ordered the turtleneck, which we ordered the smallest one they offered and we couldn't believe how big it was on her. Were not sure what we can do to shrink it. When we got home, I spent the evening working on fluffing her pompoms. Never in my life would I have thought it would take almost 2 hours to fluff one side. Needless to say, I didn't finish them before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment