Monday, October 25, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday

Keree woke up and with some convincing she wanted to go to school. Partially because I told her if she didn't go to school then I couldn't work on her Muffin Tin. She was so happy when I showed her what she was wearing today. I would never have imagined the impact of Keree's brace on her life at age 4. I guess, I should be thankful that she hadn't endured any bullying until now. While Keree was in school, I ran a few errands that my Brother wasn't able to finish over the past weekend and also a few of my own. Since I finished up early, I decided to go and observe Keree out on the playground at school again. I'm trying to figure out if the bullying is all day, does it increase in the classroom or is it worse on the playground? The Main Teacher is oblivious to it, which at this point doesn't surprise me, I mean, honestly, should I remind you that this is the same women who told my daughter I'm not her Real Mom because she wasn't born to me. So I watched Keree outside, she was playing duck, duck, goose with a few of her friends (2 of them have been her classmates for the last 2 yrs). What I did observe on the playground was another little girl shove Keree and knock her down. Even though there were 7 teachers on the playground, one within 2 feet of where this was happening, none of them did anything and I'm honestly not sure if they even saw it. Or if they did, I guess they thought because Keree wasn't crying they weren't going to do anything about it. I waited a few seconds after that happened to see if they would do anything and then I made my appearance onto the playground. I hate feeling like I'm sneaking around trying to observe what is going on but I feel like I'm not doing my job as a parent, if I'm not taking an active role in all this when the Teacher isn't doing anything. Once we got home, I started on Keree's Halloween Muffin Tin. I had so many ideas that I ended up using a 12 cup tin. So in the first 3 cups are body parts, first is Finger - they were made out of carrots with cheese finger tips. Next is Eyeballs - green olives with pimentos and finally I cut a 3 toe-Ogre Foot - out of bread and made the toe nails out of black olives. The next row is a Witch - the face is a snickerdoodle, her hair is green apple laces, her eyes are M&Ms, her nose is a chocolate peanut, her mouth was a black olive slice and finally her hat is a tortilla chip embellished with spray cheese to make the lace and buckle. Next is a Spooky Spider - the spider is made out of black olives, his eyes are little bits of spray cheese and he's sitting on a hard boiled egg. The next row is a Vampire mouth - made out of an apple wedge and almond sliver teeth. The second to last row starts out with Mummies - I cut a hot dog in half and wrapped a croissant around it, I then used edible pens to draw on the eyes. Next is the Pumpkin Patch - in the bottom of the cup is butterscotch pudding topped with cookie crumbs for the dirt, the pumpkins are made out of circus peanuts smooshed and shaped and the stems are slivered almonds, I used my edible pens to draw little leaves on the pumpkins. The last thing in that row is some Ghosts - which are bananas I cut up and drew eyes on. The last row, starts with the Graveyard - I used chocolate pudding and cookie crumbs for the dirt and a milano cookie for the tombstone. Next is the Grassy Knoll - which is a green colored hostess snowball, I then cut a moon and two bats out of colby cheese and put them on picks so they look like they are flying. The last cup is the Skull - it is carved out of the other half of the apple that was left over from the Vampire teeth. Keree ate all the regular food and left her dessert parts for after her nap. She said that this was one of the best muffin tins we had made. I have to say, I'm thrilled that almost everything I made is edible (everything except the 3 picks). After nap, we spent the rest of the day working, we still have to finish up Keree's halloween costume and of course we have shows every weekend in November.

10 comments:

  1. I love your tin, so many creative ideas and it all looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This awesome! Each and every cups is holding a wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tin! Each item is increasingly creative. I have an intense love for 'grassy knolls'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your ideas!
    And I want to slap your daughter's teacher in the face. Not her real mom. That just chaps my hide. Plenty of moms-who-gave-birth are less worthy of the title 'Mom' than moms who chose their child(ren.)
    Your daughter is so lucky to have you as her real mother. Especially since it looks like she doesn't have a 'real' teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Ludicrous Mama on this one. What is with that teacher?! Ahhh!! It is that kind of bullying and ignorance that makes me thankful I am able to homeschool. Your daughter is blessed to have such a consciencious and caring real mom like you! And by the way, your muffin tin is stinkin' adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow- it's awesomeness overload- so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great tin, I'm not making mine until Thursday, my son has already put in a request for eyeballs and severed fingers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so ready to get on a plane and visit that teacher...... argh!!!!!
    You have every right as a parent to observe the school whenever you want. Judging from all you have mentioned you need to be doing it. Have you thought about videoing what you are seeing??? If for nothing else than to show the principal.

    ReplyDelete