Monday, December 6, 2010

Headed Home

This morning we had to head home, Keree was miserable because she didn't want to leave Ohio or her Uncle. Before we left, Keree made a note for her Uncle and hide it in his stocking. She was excited because she said it looked like a treasure map. We decided before heading home, we would make a short stop at Jungle Jim's. I was hoping to find a few of our favorite International eats there to enjoy during the Holidays. Luckily, they did not disappoint. I was able to find my favorite Fry sauce from the Netherlands, along with DeReuters (they are basically flavored sprinkles for your toast). I also found lots of Asian ingredients and specifically Vietnamese ingredients, I don't find around here. I'm so excited to cook up a huge Asian meal for my family over the holidays. Even though the last time we were there was in April, Keree didn't remember Jungle Jim's. So everything seemed new with their Singing Elvis monkey, the giant cheese and of course the giant swinging Campbells soup can. I was also surprised that I got out of there with only spending about $30. So after our Jungle Jim stop, we headed home. Before we were even out of Ohio, Keree was fast asleep in the car. We were lucky that our drive home was so much better than our drive out there. We did have some light snow flurries follow us most of the way home, but it was harmless. The one thing that did about kill us was the rising gas costs. As we crossed each state, the prices rose until we got home to $3.10 a gallon. I cringed that when we left Ohio it was only $2.56. About two hours outside of home, Keree finally woke up. As I said before, she was miserable. She kept trying to convince herself that I had turned the car back around and was heading back to Ohio. She didn't want to hear anything else, I felt so bad for her but they will see each other at Christmas so it's not that long of a wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment