Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First Day of Winter & Keree's Busted Head

It was surprising to wake up to 40 degree weather on the first day of Winter. It's been in the teens and single digits for most of the month, so today felt like Summer, ok not exactly Summer but I went outside without my coat! Today was suppose to be Keree's last day of school before winter break but we decided not to send her, it was more of a personal decision plus they wouldn't of been doing anything anyway. So we spent our morning fighting the crowds and going grocery shopping. It took us almost 4 hours to pick up all the goodies we needed for the rest of the week. Once we headed home, we spent our day cleaning, wrapping and generally taking it easy. In the evening, I called my Tennessee Uncle to see what he's plans were for Christmas since I invited to stay at our house. Needless to say even though he liked the idea of staying here, he wasn't thrilled about how the rest of the family stuff was going. Well, while I was on the phone, Keree fell down into the pit. She hit her head on the rounded edge of her rocking chair. She sat there for a minute and then started crying. As I was trying to pick her up, I noticed the blood. My Mom took Keree into the bathroom to take care of it. Needless to say even though it was only about 1/4 inch cut, it wouldn't stop bleeding. We thought we were going to have to take her to the hospital for stitches but luckily with a butterfly band aid, it finally stopped bleeding. Which, I honestly think having the band aid put on was more traumatic for Keree than actually falling. The girl literally hates and fears band aids. So, Keree spent the rest of her night with a boo-boo monster filled with ice on her head, trying to stave off a large bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment