Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wind

Keree woke up super early this morning, like 445a early. I tried everything to get her to go back to sleep but it was no use. So after breakfast, getting dressed, we headed off to school. When I came to pick Keree up the summary said that they worked in their journals, played outside and sang songs. Since today was Thursday, it was also homeschool day. Our teacher was running almost 15 min late, so I really thought she had canceled and not called us. So right as I was about to leave, she showed up. This month, our lessons are about wind, weather and seasons. Keree was actually really bored in the beginning. She let her play sight word bingo, which was not a challenge at all. She let her play on a vtech spelling computer but again, Keree aced through the two levels. The Teacher was a little at a loss but eventually, she let her draw and cut out some pictures. We were originally going to make a kite but when that didn't work out, we drew some animals we see in the spring time. Keree cut them out and glued them on the paper. Then at the very end of our lesson, they did a science experiment. Keree had four objects, a cotton ball, rock, golf ball and tissue. She then had to predict if she could move the object by blowing through a straw. Both the Teacher and I were surprised when she made all the objects move a little bit. Even though the rock only wobbled back and forth, it still moved. Keree spent almost 20 minutes continuing blowing the different objects to see if she could keep producing the same result. After our time was up, we headed home. I would love to say we did something exciting when we got home, but we spent the rest of the day upstairs. Because of how badly I've felt the entire winter season, I'm super behind on building my stock. So since I've got some big shows coming up, it's work, work, work.

No comments:

Post a Comment