Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lessons 3 & 4

This morning we ended up all sleeping in late. I guess even though the ceiling fan and wall fan was on full blast, it really didn't help with the miserable 90+ degree weather and 90% humidity we are having. Needless to say I didn't sleep good, I probably woke up at least 30 times last night drenched in sweat. Keree, well she slept through the entire night and even grabbed her fuzzy pink cover because her legs got cold. We got up this morning and I cooked a nice breakfast, pancake dogs on a stick. Which other than fruit loops is Keree's favorite breakfast food. After breakfast, getting dressed and watching Dinosaur Train, we sat down to cover Lesson 3. Once Lesson 3 was done I asked her if she wanted to keep going, so we got through Lesson 4. But again towards the end Keree started to fidget. I'm thinking once we get pass these basic lessons, that are just teaching phonics, which she has already mastered, we will slow down to just 1 lesson a day but again it all depends on her. So right now she's chilling out and trying to stay cool watching Phineas and Ferb.
9pm - Well this afternoon, I decided to make our favorite soup for lunch, which of course there is always enough for dinner and lunch the next day. I hadn't made it in awhile, not because it's hard to fix but it just seems like lately we've been eating super quick, no think meals (mac n' cheese, ramen noodles and canned veggies, etc). After Keree woke up from her nap or quiet time, we headed outside. I was excited to break out Keree's new swimming pool that I bought on end of the year clearance for $3 last year. So I got out the air compressor, unfolded the pool and that's when I realized the compressor wouldn't work. Instead I had to blow the sucker up with my own hot air. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was blown up and ready to be filled with water within the hour. Keree had fun holding the hose and watching it fill with water. Then of course, she got bored, so while it filled with water she played on her slides and swung. Once the pool was filled, we headed inside for the night. We ate dinner, called my Brother and Grandparents to check on them, Keree spent the night playing while I worked on my never-ending stock pile of bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment