Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hot Tuesday

When I woke up this morning, I couldn't believe the Weather guy, who was claiming it was already in the 60's outside and would reach almost 80 today. So as we headed outside to take Keree to school, I was shocked. It was nice, warm, sunny, it was gorgeous. After dropping Keree off at school, instead of heading home like I needed to, to do work, I ended up running to the store instead. I was in search of a turtleneck or sweater for her to wear in the Veteran's day parade she will be in on Thursday. After spending almost 2 hrs searching for something plain without printing or embroidery, I finally found a nice long sleeve light weight shirt and also a very cute red sweater. This is the first time in almost 3 years, I didn't buy something not on super clearance or used. It felt really strange! So since it took me so long to find something, I went straight to pick Keree up. I was surprised when I looked into her room and the class wasn't there. It turned out that since it was such a nice day outside, they ditched class and played on the playground the entire time. I held my tongue because no good would come from what I really wanted to say. Luckily, in the grand scheme of things, I really only send her to class for socialization because I know she's not learning anything there. Oh, I take that back, today Keree reported that sometime "after Christmas my Main Teacher will have her baby and after the baby comes out, she will have 6 weeks off from work." Why the heck does a 4 yr old know this??? Why is this even being discussed in the classroom?? Again, something that will continue to perplex me. So, once we got home, Keree begged to stay outside for awhile. So while I was unloading and carrying stuff in, so discovered a Halloween costume I bought on 80% clearance for myself. It's actually a gecko costume but sort of looks like a frog. Both Keree and I took a turn wearing the gecko hat around the yard, I'm pretty sure we were the sight to see since I know a few tractors and cars slowed down to stare. Keree said it looked like she got swallowed up. As for the rest of our day, it was filled with work and if I wasn't working, I was trying to figure out all this end of season Cheerleading stuff. Which is a whole 'nother story. Keree took a late nap only because she fought it with every ounce of her being not to go to sleep. Our evening was filled with Keree playing and of course me trying to work. I'm thinking bedtime will come early for both of us because I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment