Monday, May 28, 2012

2 Years Ago....


today my Dad passed away. Honestly, I think I'm probably the only one who remembered him today. I mean I was around my Bro for the most of yesterday and he didn't say anything. This year has hard, there have been moments when I really needed his advice, there were times when he needed to be the one to fight the battle  with his family and most of all, he really needed to be here to see Keree grow. He would have been so proud of her. I really hate that there physical relationship was 9 months together, for 9 months she got to feel the love of her Grandpa. I have asked my Step-Mom if she would bury my Dad (he was cremated) and get him a headstone. She won't talk to me or return my phone calls. Keree doesn't understand why we can't go visit his grave site. I tell her that I don't remember where it is because honestly I don't want to have the in-depth conversation with her on cremation. And then tell her, that my Dad, her Grandpa is in a box in my Step-Mom's basement. So Dad, I remember you today, on Memorial day and really wish your time here on Earth wasn't so short. I miss you alot!

Otherwise, my Brother was in this weekend picking up more of his stuff. Of course, he had to come in while we are in the middle of a heat wave. Seriously, I really wish he could have waited maybe 3-4 days when we will be back in the low 70's. I still can't believe in a few short weeks he'll be moving to Michigan. Before he left we played with Keree's bow and arrow. We had to be quite the site with Raggedy Ann set up as our target. We all got a little teary-eyed at the end when we realized it would probably be the last time, we all would play together at this house in this yard. I know we are all ready for some new adventures, it's just a little sad when you think this was the house, I brought Keree home too. My Grandparents also came in, so we meet them for dinner tonight. They wanted to treat Keree out to McD's so she could get a Happy Meal. We enjoyed a nice dinner together, even if it was McD's before we headed back to their hotel room. My Grandma's Big Sister, Aunt Bonnie and Hubby, Uncle Bill came to visit them before they head back home tomorrow. We actually had a nice time visiting with all of them and didn't get home till almost 11p.

No comments:

Post a Comment