Sunday, July 17, 2011

No Water Park

Today we had a few errands to run in the morning but our plan was to end our day at the local water park (somewhere we have never been). They were having an amazing deal for their 20th anniversary and all 3 of us could get in for under $7 total. The plan was to surprise Keree, all she knew was she was suppose to be good. Now my daughter, she is an angel, honestly. I know, I'm stricter and harder on her than most Moms and I expect alot from her. On the most part and pretty much 99% of the time, I don't have to worry about her behavior. Well today was one of those 1% times. It started off by her waking up super early. I told her she could watch cartoons as long as she stayed quiet so my Mom and I could get some more sleep. Instead Keree bounced all over the beds. When she was told to stop, she continued. I warned her if she continued she would lose her privileges and wouldn't get the surprise that was waiting on her. I guess she thought I was bluffing or something because she kept pushing and acting nothing like her usual sweet, well-behaved self. Needless to say by the time everything was said and done she lost the privilege to go to the Water Park. Now, because it was super hot and I really wanted her to not to loose that privilege, I gave her one more chance to earn the water park back. I had to run to the store for dinner fixins and I told her if she was on her best behavior, than she would get her surprise back. Well.....I'll just say we headed home and stayed. So since we weren't going anywhere today, I ended up fixing slow cooker lasagna. Now, I really don't like meat in my pasta, so I decided to subsitute the ground beef for meatballs. So I layered meatballs, noodles, small curd cottage cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and finally mozzeralla cheese until my crock pot was full. I then cooked it on low for 6 hrs. I have to say, I wasn't really sure how it was going to work out but it turned out so good. I was also excited because today I got my first tomato from our garden. I'm excited because my tomato plants our full. Headed to bed and just hoping that Keree will be back to herself by tomorrow because I can't survive another day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment