Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lazy Sunday


Keree woke up this morning before 5a. My Mom and I tried our best to convince her to go back to sleep but to no avail, she refused. Actually, to tell the truth she got down right nasty about us sleeping in because according to her she was starving to death. I told her if she really was that hungry to go and get a breakfast bar but instead she stomped around, screaming that she wanted a real breakfast. Needless to say this is far from typical behavior. Honestly, she is usually an angel, so I was torn on if I should punish her or not. Instead, I drug myself out of bed and I'm pretty sure there were some ugly words muttered under my breath. We opted out of going to church and headed to the grocery store because I was out of all decent breakfast or really any food. Keree was a dream basically from the time I got out of bed till she went to bed. After our shopping trip, we headed home, had a nice breakfast and then I went to work scanning. Since we are almost 99.9% for sure we will be in a new place before the school year, I don't want to be dragging along extra paper if all I have to do is make a digital copy. Keree spent her time playing on her DS. I have to say, I loathe her DS system. Most kids in her class don't even have one and I hate that I have to put limits on it. I hate that this is the first thing I threaten to take away if she's misbehaving. Maybe it's because it's was a gift from my Step-Mom? Maybe this stupid DS represents what a rocky relationship we are having with her and what is missing with my Dad being gone. So since I didn't want Keree playing the entire day on her DS, I didn't finish all that I wanted to get done. We spent the afternoon reading, talking and watching her just be goofy. I have to say, her air guitar skills have a long way to go. My Mom and Keree went to bed early. I have to say it's nice sometimes to have a few minutes to myself, to watch mindless tv, surf the web and actually write a post on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment