Wednesday, February 1, 2012

An Ordinary Day or was it?

As Keree tells it, today started off as just an ordinary day and then suddenly it became amazing! Since Keree's still in her wheelchair, the school hasn't been that cooperative. She doesn't have an aid to help her and no bus to drop/pick her up. So we drop and pick her up everyday from school, take her to her class, then there is a few older students that help her at lunch. I was stuck on a business call so my Mom was the one to get her from her class. My Mom said the first thing out of her mouth was "I've got exciting news to tell you!" Then Keree told her that she was the Character Award winner for February. My Mom told her how proud she was of her and of course the Teacher was actually surprised by my Mom's reaction. Sorry but I agree, this is a big deal, it's basically Student of the Month. Of course, the same scene replayed itself when Keree got to me. She won her Character Award for Honesty. Which makes me so happy that the Teachers and School realize that she is special. Because honestly, with all the school she missed with her surgery, they've treated her not that great. They scoff at me when I tell them she can read or add/subtract because from what I've heard & saw most of the kids there didn't even know their ABC's or 1-10 when they started school. So even though we really didn't have the
extra money, we decided we needed to celebrate anyway. Since Keree doesn't get to go to Chuck-e's but maybe once a year, we decided that was where we were going. So we played crazy games and ate greasy pizza. By the time we got home, it was almost bed time. After Keree got her pajamas on, she snuggled up next to me and goes, "I think this is one of the best days of my life." I kissed her on her head and told her that everyday with her is the best day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment