Friday, February 24, 2012

Are you a Chinese girl?

Keree is still in her wheelchair for the majority of her school day. She has transitioned to being able to sit at her own table during class but any other time, she's in the wheelchair. So, while Keree was at recess today, a little boy came over to her. He was kinda hiding his face and being the caring person she is, she asked him what was the matter. He said nothing, he was just cold (it was 22 out there today). She said suddenly he asked her "Are you some kind of Chinese girl?" Keere said she didn't know how to answer and suddenly he goes "Well those Chinese girls have eyes like yours." Keere said she rolled her eyes around, pretending to be looking around at her face. The Little Boy goes, "You don't even know what you look like." He got mad because she didn't respond to his question and then stormed off.
While Keree was telling me this, when she got finished I go, that was really silly for him to say because your not Chinese are you. She knew what he said wasn't right but didn't know what her response was suppose to be. She goes, so next time I can go, "nope I'm Vietnamese and have my own eyes."
Otherwise this weekend is one of her Birthday parties. Yep, she's one lucky kid and is getting two parties this year. The party tomorrow is for her classmates and a few kiddos from our adoption group. The other party she is having is for family and super close friends. I went all out for her Family & Super Close Friends party, personalized bubbles, candy wrappers, etc. The party tomorrow will have a few special touches but far from what I would usually do. Honestly, I've been so frustrated with Keree's school and also with our adoption group, that I didn't want to do those special things for them. I mean there are a few good kids (thank goodness) but alot of them are just mean to her because of her wheelchair. Just hoping that tomorrow goes off as planned and that she has a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment