Sunday, May 29, 2011

Breakfast & Graduation

This morning, we got up bright and early to head out for breakfast. My Grandparents were insistent that we join them, even though we had just seen them. My Aunt P joined us and honestly was had a really great time. We sat around talking, joking and laughing. After almost 3 hours, we took a few pictures and said our short goodbyes since we would be seeing each other in about 2 hours for my Cousin's high school graduation. Needless to say, it's amazing that any of us were even going since we just found out we would be able to attend, 2 days ago. So we headed home for a short time before getting on the road to head North (3 counties over). Being that we are the always early type, we got there almost an hour. Which was good because the gymnasium filled up super fast. Between my Mom and I, we saved enough seats for my Grandparents and Aunt. What we didn't know, was my Uncle (aka Grad's Dad) and his wife would be sitting with us too. They all showed up about 10 minutes before the processional started. Thank goodness that the people next to us scooted over to give us more room. While we waited for everything to start, Keree spent her time drawing. Thank goodness she loves to draw and it was so cute that she drew all her Cousins, A was in her cap and gown, C was playing his flute and D was playing his saxophone. Both of the boys are in the school band and played at the graduation. I can't explain how proud I was when I saw A in her cap and gown. Once the ceremony started, it honestly didn't last long, they only had a graduating class of 100. What took the longest was the Special Awards (there was close to 30) and these two girls who gave this painfully long speech and you could hardly understand them because they mumbled. After all that, it was finally time for the Grads to get their diplomas and then it was done. All in all, it lasted a little under an hour. We were able to grab a few pictures (only because we insisted) of Cousin A in her Cap and Gown before heading back to my Uncle E & Aunt L's house. We were going to leave after that because honestly, we weren't made to feel welcomed at all but Keree was getting hungry. I'm actually glad that we stayed, because Keree got to play with her Cousins C & D. They pushed her on the swing, played her video game (leapfrog) and played hide and seek with her. She watched her Cousins climb the tree, play with the kitty cats and examine the baby hawk (luckily wasn't hurt, just stunned) one of the cats caught. Even though there were moments of aggrevation, we were also glad that we went and enjoyed ourselves. And one cool thing, I graduated Pre-school the same year A's Dad, my Uncle E graduated High School. Keree graduated Pre-school this year, the same year that A graduated high school. The picture of Keree wearing A's cap is similar to the picture I have of me wearing Uncle E's cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment